Q50/Q60 3.0L RED ALPHA HEAT EXCHANGER
Q50/Q60 3.0L RED ALPHA HEAT EXCHANGER
WARNING: Cancer (and/or Reproductive Harm) – https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Whether you live in a hot climate region, enjoy drag racing, or long high-speed pulls on airstrips the INFINITI Q50/Q60 Red Alpha Heat Exchanger will help keep your intake temps lower and maintain your INFINITI’s maximum power output no matter the conditions. The only VR30 heat exchanger system chosen by INFINITI USA to be part of INFINITI’s Motorsports Catalog.
Your 3.0L twin turbocharged engine does not use the typical air to air front mount intercooler (FMIC) you may be used to. Like many modern turbocharged vehicles, the INFINITI Q60 and Q50 3.0L use coolant to cool the intake air charge through an air to water heat exchanger. While this method may be sufficient for a stock vehicle under ideal conditions, it can quickly become heat-soaked robbing horsepower.
Through testing, we found the factory INFINITI heat exchanger restricts coolant flow. This restriction slows the flow of coolant though the air to water intercooler minimizing the cooling of your intake air. The flow of the factory heat exchanger holds back the full potential of your VR30 engine. Not something you want as a performance enthusiast.
Red Alpha Doubles The Thickness For Maximum Cooling
By doubling the thickness of the OEM core and more than doubling the frontal surface area you gain an extraordinary amount of added cooling efficiency. The Red Alpha heat exchanger core and end tanks hold an astounding 228% more coolant than the stock heat exchanger. You gain increased thermal capacity over the entire intercooler system by accommodating the added coolant. The AMS SNAILWORKS© Engineering Team designed the core with 22 fins per inch. The fin density allows more airflow, and thus more heat transfer through the thicker core. The Alpha Heat Exchanger is designed with OEM-like fitment which does not block or require relocation of the oil cooler.
Motorsport Quality Upgrade For Your Boosted Q
For the core of the INFINITI Q50/Q60 Red Alpha Heat Exchanger we chose a motorsport quality heat exchanger core made in the UK. This high efficiency, single pass core is much larger and dissipates heat quickly for maximum cooling. Through our larger design, added fluid capacity, and drastically increased coolant flow, your 3.0L VR30 twin turbocharged engine benefits from reduced intake air temperatures (IAT), sustaining your maximum power output.
Unparalleled Fitment Through Proper Engineering
Our Engineering Team set out to make the INFINITI Q50/Q60 Red Alpha Heat Exchanger upgrade not only the most effective on the market but super simple to install. It fits just like stock without any cutting or drilling. By using the factory lines, clamps and mounting points you or your trusted mechanic can install it quickly and easily. The core simply slides in locking into the factory mounts and gets connected to your existing factory lines. Our competition’s substandard heat exchangers have close to factory sized frontal surface area and are so thick and heavy that by the time the air hits the back of the core it is incredibly inefficient. This inefficiency and added weight of the core make our competition’s parts obsolete. Your installation time is 2-3 hours with our comprehensive installation instructions. You don’t get a cleaner, more simple installation than that!
- CARB EO D-825-2
- Double the thickness of the factory heat exchanger (22mm vs 11mm)
- CAD designed CNC billet aluminum end tanks
- Core and tanks designed in CFD heat transfer software to allow for the greatest heat dissipation
- Motorsport quality heat exchanger core made in the UK
- Drastically increased coolant flow
- 228% added fluid capacity further reduces intake temperatures
- Only VR30 heat exchanger chosen by INFINITI USA for their Motorsport Catalog
- Alpha logo lets your competition know you mean business!
- Direct bolt-on installation, requires no cutting or drilling
- Application Specific: 2016+ Infiniti Q50 VR30. (All Sub-models)
- Application Specific: 2017+ Infiniti Q60 VR30. (All Sub-models)
- Limited quantity in stock. If out of stock, this product may carry a lead time from the manufacturer. Note: The lead time may fluctuate based on order volume.
- California customers are subject to sales tax.
- Free shipping to customers within the continental U.S.
- Customers outside the continental U.S. are subject to additional shipping charges.
- Image(s) shown may not reflect actual product.
|36 × 20 × 9 in
Q50 VR30 2016+, Q60 VR30 2017+